When Kintobor became Robotnik, he apparently forgot that he had created the Star Posts and thus began researching their properties. After gaining access to the Special Zone, Robotnik began setting up a base there and set about the task of dismantling all the Star Posts on Mobius, prohibiting civilian traffic to the Special Zone. Sonic and the Freedom Fighters managed to salvage one Star Post and had relocated others, so they still had a means of accessing trouble spots quickly. Eventually, all the Star Posts were destroyed, but by this point other means of inter-dimensional travel had been discovered.
Captain Plunder somehow found a Star Post and attached it to his ship, allowing for interdimensional travel to the Special Zone. He somehow managed this without having to use massive kinetic energy to charge it.
Sonic the Comic Online
It was later discovered that not all Star Posts had been destroyed. Doctor Robotnik had managed to salvage several and placed them in one of his factories. This allowed for easy transport to many locations for his Badnik army. Another was placed in the Wing Fortress, giving Robotnik the opportunity to ambush Sonic with many attackers. Unfortunately for him, the Star Post proved to be his downfall. Sonic re-activated the Post, giving it enough energy to suck the entire Wing Fortress through it. It reappeared in Robotnik's factory, destroying it and all the Star Posts inside.
- Issue 4 - Day of the Badniks
- Issue 8 - The Origin of Sonic
- Issue 21 - Girl Trouble
- Issue 29 - The Sentinel
- Issue 56 - The Great Escape!
- Issue 60 - The Brotherhood of Metallix
- Issue 82 - Running Wild
- Issue 91 to Issue 93 - Shanghaied
- Issue 108 - Captain Plunder and the Spice Maidens
- Sonic the Summer Special - Doctor Sun
- Sonic Holiday Special 1996 - Break Out!
- Issue 250 - The Battle For Mobius
- Sonic the Easter Special - The Tale of Cream the Rabbit
- Issue 259 - Big the Cat Hits the Road!
Star Posts originally appeared in the video game Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and were among several game mechanics that were incorporated into the comic only to be phased out over time.