In an attempt to fight back against creator Doctor Robotnik, Shortfuse the Cybernik is destroying Badnik after Badnik. A Balkiry is the latest victim, but another one escapes, heading straight for the legendary Floating Island. Knuckles is present to see the two machines fly into his airspace but misses the fact that Shortfuse is attempting to destroy the agile Badnik. The echidna smashes it on the first attempt and angrily orders "Badnik" Shortfuse off the album. Shortfuse protests his ignorance, but Knuckles isn't falling for any more lies and thumps the squirrel. Knuckles is initially impressed that a Badnik has withstood such a blow but is soon forced to defend himself from an irritated Shortfuse.
Shortfuse soon gives up the pointless fight, hearing Knuckles yelling threats to Knuckles as he leaves. However, with Knuckles' back turned, Shortfuse notices that three Coconuts are waiting in the trees to ambush the guardian. Shortfuse loudly warns Knuckles before destroying themselves. Although initially confused that Shortfuse would destroy other Badniks, Knuckles soon realises he was telling the truth and grudgingly apologises. As Shortfuse leaves, the echidna hopes that Robotnik never manages to control Shortfuse.
- This strip is the only one to be drawn by Moore and the first Knuckles strip to be written by Stringer.
- A note states that this strip takes before current Sonic the Hedgehog story Disaster!. However, the only place the adventure can logically take place is between Carnival Night Conspiracy and Mystery of the Sandopolis Zone, possibly during the events of The Big Con.
- The Coconuts Badniks look closer to their game appearance than in The Kid Cruel Caper.
- A short recap of Shortfuse's origins at the start is the first of many recaps to be chastised by readers.
- Knuckles' parting thought foreshadows the events of Sonic vs Shortfuse.