Issue 159 is the one hundred and fifty-ninth edition of Sonic the Comic. Released the 30th June 1999 at the price of £1.30, the issue contains one new, original story and two reprints, as well as several features and a pin-up. It is one of very few issues to contain only three strips.
- Sonic the Hedgehog - The Rig
- Graphic Zone
- Tails - Zonerunner & The Flock: Part 1 (from Issue 35)
- Photo Zone
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Bubble Trouble (from Issue 83)
- Next Issue
Sonic the Hedgehog
The Rig is a complete story written by Lew Stringer, drawn by Mick McMahon and lettered by Elitta Fell. As tremors sweep across Shanazar, Sonic discovers a drilling rig manned by alien race The Plax. Sonic leaps on and makes enemies with the inhabitants, but can't find a way to shut down the operation. He eventually destroys the machine by reversing the drill's rotation, but has made powerful new foes.
Tekno the Canary is the star of this issue's Graphic Zone, with her artistic fans winning a Sonic the Hedgehog watch. A Sonic Mystery Prize was offered to Boomers who sent in pictures of their Sonic outfits to the Photo Zone.
- Mick McMahon - cover art
- Deborah Tate - editor
- Gary Knight - designer
- Steve MacManus - managing editor
- Sarah Colley - production
- Douglas Pocock - marketing manager
- Debbie Plummer - promotions
- Jane Ballard - promotions
- Rob McMenemy - publisher
- Julie Goldsmith - managing director