Sonic the Hedgehog used to live there, and left Tails there when heading off on adventures (he soon stopped this practice). Because of this, the Zone used to be a target by Doctor Robotnik. Johnny Lightfoot, Porker Lewis, Sally Acorn, Tufftee, Joe Sushi and Tux used to live there. They would all move to the Emerald Hill Zone and Sonic shifted his attention there too (and so did Robotnik).
Robotnik made one last attack on the Zone during Christmas, when he set up a fake Christmas celebration with the intention of blowing up everyone who attended.
Later, B.A.R.F. were often stationed there to pick up the pieces of broken Green Hill Badniks. After another successful raid by Sonic, Robotnik decided to place Badniks from the Palmtree Panic Zone in the Green Hill Zone to surprise the Freedom Fighters. Unfortunately, the two areas couldn't get on and the Miracle Planet Badniks took over the Zone. Cam and Bert reacted by creating The Seven Badniks and took the Zone back.
The Zone went unnoticed for years, until it was targeted by the Neo Metallix during the Mega Mack bombings in Sonic the Comic Online. Despite Sonic's best efforts, part of the Zone was blanketed with the chemical and rendered uninhabitable.
In an area not affected by the pollution, Bobby Boomer, the Zone's oldest resident, continues to live with his family and friends.
- Issue 1 - Enter: Sonic
- Issue 2 - Robofox
- Issue 3 - Mayhem in the Marble Zone
- Issue 5 - Lost in the Labyrinth Zone
- Issue 16 - Happy Christmas Doctor Robotnik
- Issue 25 - prologue: Once Upon a Planet...
- Issue 26 - Kintobor spelled backwards is...
- Issue 32 to Issue 34 - No More Mr. Nice Bug
- Issue 41 - In Good Hands
- Issue 59 to Issue 62 - The Seven Badniks
- Issue 142 - Rise and Fall
- Issue 232 - Return of the Cybernik!
- Issue 246 - Whodunit?
- Issue 250 - The Battle For Mobius
- Issue 255 - Many Happy Returns
- Sonic the Easter Special - Breaking News ticker
- Issue 261 - Breaking News ticker