The early versions of Caterkiller were slow and stupid, but very mean and proved to be quite dangerous in enclosed areas. They attacked by biting prey and could only be attacked at the head since their segmented bodies were covered with spikes. As time went on, the Caterkillers evolved somewhat. They are now faster, more aggressive and can burrow through the ground.
Recently, in Sonic the Comic Online, several Ubernik versions of Caterkiller have appeared as part of Robotnik's invasion force. Regular ones gradually began to be reintroduced, with models responsible for guarding the Rail Canyon Zone and Desolate Dust Zone. Another aided in the assault on the Maple Flower Zone refugees. This particular one came to its end when Tails destroyed it with his tails and fists. Holly Thumpfoot then spent the rest of the adventure wearing its head as a hat.
- Issue 1 - Enter: Sonic
- Issue 3 - Mayhem in the Marble Zone
- Issue 12 - Hidden Danger!
- Sonic the Poster Mag 3 - pin-up
- Issue 43 to Issue 44 - Carnival Night Conspiracy
- Issue 89 - A New Hope
- Issue 105 - Flickies' Island and pin-up
- Issue 111 - Hero of the Beach
- Issue 121 - Hobson & Choy
- Issue 234 - cover and pin-up
- Issue 240 - Robotnik Forever!
- Sonic the Poster Mag 2007 - pin-up
- Issue 250 - The Battle For Mobius
- Hallowe'en Wallpapers 2011 - pin-up
- Issue 256 - Master of All I Survey
- Issue 258 - Seriously Delirious
- Issue 259 - Sky Chase
- Christmas Special 2012 - The Christmas Shift, cover and pin-up
- Caterkiller at Sonic News Network, the Sonic Wiki